Monday, June 27, 2005

long weekend

Let's see what happened during last weekend.

On Friday I went to Karlsruhe visiting LinuxTag 2005. This time I had two KDE developers accompany me (or I to them ? =P) The fair is just approximately same with last year's, software firms, KDE, Gnome, Microsoft and also some bookstores. One of interesting things was the new Nokia 770 Internet tablet which presentated directly by Nokia Finland. The tablet will be on sale some months ahead in price about 350 dollars. I also didn't miss some presentations , first "KDE - Ein Blick in die Zukunft des Desktops", a sneak preview of KDE 4 which will be released next year. Next was "FreeNX - Virtualisierung des Desktops", something like remote access to server which I use at the university while working on my hiwi work. The last was Open Office, this time I didn't really understand what he said :P, something about the differences of current and new Open Office 2.0 which will be released soon.

We went back at seven and reached Kaiserslautern at nine. Half eleven we went to Sommerfest at university, bought some food, met friends and stayed there until 1:30 next morning (mostly on the dance floor :P). Some photos are available at Faisal's fotopic.
The next afternoon I went to local cinema watching Batman Begins.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home